Don't forget this blog is also available to view on your phone so you can read this anywhere you are and you can now also share any pages and posts that you like on Twitter or Facebook.

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Chapter 8: Westgate Rhym




Grey stood looking at Patrick trying to figure out why he was here and how he had found them but Chloe confused things when she spoke.

“You scared me, I thought it was another military official I didn’t think I was going to see you yet” Chloe remarked.

“You weren’t, but you started to run late and I intercepted police reports and thought I had better come to your rescue” Patrick replied.

“Wait just a second,” Grey said, interrupting their conversation, “will someone tell me what the hell is going on!”

Chloe was the one to answer his request and she turned to face him. “I’m sorry Ezra but I haven’t been one hundred percent honest with you,” Chloe explained, “I work for an organization inside the military. Me and Patrick organized the whole thing and I was sent on an undercover mission to shadow you, not that I would have had to have been told to shadow you, I would have done it anyway without orders because I love you, but things changed and my emotions lead me to help you more on a personal level. You see Ezra I might have lied to you about my intentions but I never lied to you about how I felt”.

“I hate to break up the little moment going on here but we are really late now and Ezra needs to go inside now,” Patrick interrupted, “Don’t worry Ezra when we get inside you’ll have all your questions answered”.


Patrick leads the way to the front of the building. Grey had no idea why but he followed, although he kept a distance of a few steps.

When they got around to the front Grey finally took in the height of the building, it was gigantic and seemed to go on forever. Patrick opened the door and both he and Chloe went inside causing Grey to run after them.


When he entered the building, he expected to see a front desk of some sort but the hall way was empty. It was also painted plain white which reflected all the light illuminating the room which at first caused Grey to blink a couple of times so he could get used to the brightness of the room.

When Grey finally got accustomed to his new surroundings he noticed Patrick was standing by an elevator, the only thing that was in the room. Grey ran over so not to get left behind. He entered the lift with Chloe and Patrick and waited while Patrick typed in a code where the buttons for the floors would normally go, which caused the lift to rise.

When the lift stopped, they exited into another room that was almost exactly like the lobby. It was painfully bright and plain white, but unlike the lobby it was smaller and had a double door at the other end. There was also an electronic devise by the door like the one in the elevator, which Patrick also typed a code into which opened the doors.


They walked through the white doors than through another set of doors on the other side.

“I’m sorry Ezra but Adam can’t go any further than here” Patrick informed Grey.

Grey had was confused for a second but then looked down to his side and saw Adam clinging to him, with all the drama Grey had forgotten about Adam.

“But isn’t this as far as the building goes?” Grey asked looking around the room which spread across the side of the building with the only doors lead back in the direction they came.

“This building is a lot greater than what meets the eye, don’t worry Ezra I’ll look after Adam for you” Chloe offered, “I don’t need to be at this meeting as it’s more of a meet and greet for the rest of the staff here”.

Grey hesitated but gave Adam to Chloe and followed Patrick. He figured that if they worked for the military than he could trust them and if they had wanted to cause him harm they’d have done it by now.


They walked to the side of the room where Patrick opened a sliding door that lead to a secret passage, which contained an elevator. Patrick pressed a button and the doors opened Grey and Patrick entered the elevator where once again Patrick entered a code onto the console.

“We just have to wait for clearance before the elevator will work” Patrick explained, guessing that Grey was probably wondering why they weren’t moving.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t tell you the truth” Patrick said.

“Why? Why couldn’t you?” Grey questioned.

“I was on an undercover top secret mission, I couldn’t tell you anything” Patrick explained.

“Is your name even Patrick Blaise?” Grey asked.

“No. It’s Patrick Brownsey.” Patrick replied, he saw Grey’s reaction and added, “Well Ezra was your name really Grey Matthews?”

“That’s not fair I had amnesia while you just lied” Grey replied.


There was a ping as the doors of the elevator opened, Grey had been wrapped up in his little conversation with Patrick had had hardly noticed they had moved. Patrick stepped out and Grey followed him, only to be taken back by the sight the lay before him. The room was huge and seemed to stretch across the whole building. There was loads of equipment on show from multi-screened computers to a surgery room and garden in the centre of the room.

Grey heard Patrick clear his throat and quickly followed but when Grey entered the room Patrick had gone into he realised he wasn’t the one Patrick was clearing his throat for. Sitting in the room was four other sims, two of which were vampires. The one sitting at the head of the table had seemed to not hear or noticed the arrival of Grey and Patrick and was talking to the female vampire who was dressed in a sickly pink outfit. Patrick cleared his throat again but louder than before which made the man jump.

“Oh erm, General Patrick you’re here” he exclaimed.

“Yes, and this seat is reserved for the person with the highest rank and as I entered the building 10 minutes ago this chair is for me” Patrick replied.


The man in blue rolled his eyes and reluctantly rose from his chair and held it out for Patrick. After Patrick was seated the man made a signal to the woman in the red dress to move to the next seat so he could sit next to Patrick. After the woman had moved and the man was about to take the seat when Patrick stopped him.

“Actually, I want Ezra to sit there” Patrick said.

The man was obviously annoyed and signalled for the woman to move seats again and he took his place further down the table while Grey took the seat next to Patrick. As Grey got comfortable he looked around the table and noticed the woman opposite him give him a piercing stare as if he had done something horrible to her, but guessing that the man in blue was probably her boss he guessed that she was angry because he ‘stole’ her boss’ seat. Although looking closely at her he knew he recognised her from somewhere but couldn’t figure it out.


Patrick didn’t seem to notice the tension between Grey and the woman in pink so continued to speak.

“Ezra, I’d like to introduce you to the team that makes up Westgate Rhym, a top secret military division. Westgate Rhym deals with the supernatural conflict that happens within our nation’s society and with other top secret stuff that we don’t want the public to find out about. Do you remember that you said Vigour told you he didn’t work for the order and that he belonged to something bad coming?” Patrick said, only pausing to let Grey nod his head, “well he was right. There is something out there, something bad, deadly bad. This little division has been working hard to figure out what that something is, and all we know about this new threat is that they use the letters A and M. We know nothing else”.

“But there’s one thing I don’t understand, why are you telling me this?” Grey asked.

“Well you need to know all this now you’re on the team” Patrick replied, “Let me introduce you to your new teammates.


This is Captain Jack Blue, he’s the leader of Westgate Rhym and will be your boss.


Next to him is Audra Traytor she’s Westgate Rhym’s personal medical adviser and doctor. She also was behind the invention that can change a vampire’s genetic code into that of an average sim.


Opposite her is Casper Lass, the team handyman he deals with technology and equipment used in missions. He’s like your Q to your James Bond.


And finally, next to him is Tiffany Ámori, although she is normally known as Teckno around here, she is our technicians and communication person.


So, Grey what do you think?”

“I think you might have said ‘teammates’, and that ‘I’m on the team’, when did I even apply for this job you’re offering?” Grey asked.

“I have to agree with him” Jack said, “He has no experience in the field and with the time being used to bring him up to date would be wasted as we could be doing more importing things like finding out who’s behind A.M.”

“Ezra, I hate to play this card but you did murder Vigour, fake your own death and you told me this morning you owe me big, well this is you paying me back and Jack don’t forget who name is on your company’s pay-check I have far more authority than you and if I want to hire someone to join this team then I will” Patrick replied, which shut Jack up.


“Ok, I’ll think about it on one condition, my names now Grey Matthews and I’d appreciate it if that’s what you called me” Grey replied.

“Of course, Grey” Patrick said, “now if you don’t mind I have another meeting that starts in 15 minutes in Riverview that is far more important than this one”.

And with that Patrick rose from his seat and left the room. Jack also stood up to leave but before he exited the room he turned to Tiffany and told her to show Grey around the facility, which was the last thing Grey wanted her to do.


“Audra, Cass, you two should go to bed we’ll need you up early tomorrow to help Grey get settled” Tiffany instructed.

“Sure, but do you need any help here first?” Audra asked.

“No. It’s ok I’ll be fine with Grey by myself” Tiffany replied.

When Audra and Casper left the room and door closed behind them Tiffany began to speak.

“The real reason I made them leave was because me and you need to talk. Don’t worry this room is sound proof, a nuclear explosion could happen within this room and no one would hear it” Tiffany explained.

“Look Tiffany I don’t want any trouble” Grey replied putting his hands up in defence to emphasis his point.


Tiffany pushed back her chair but instead of jumping over the table and attacking him like Grey thought she would, she did something unexpected and walked away.

She stood facing out of a window and softy spoke “So you still think of me as the monster I used to be then, and yes I have been reading your mind since you entered the room but I didn’t have to your attitude towards me tells me you still think of me like the woman I once was”.

That’s when Ezra realised how he knew Tiffany. Unsure what he was doing was a cleaver thing to do or not Grey rose from his chair and made his way over to Tiffany, but he was taken back when Tiffany turned to face him and had tears rolling down her face, this was not the Tiffany he had remembered, the Tiffany he remembered was ruthless, selfish and pure evil.

“I’m sorry” was all Grey could say, he didn’t know anything else he could have said but that.

“It’s ok, our wedding day was a long time ago, just under two hundred years ago in fact. You have nothing to worry about; I know why you left me. When I was told you had abandoned me at the altar I was furious with rage and burned the place to ground, then I realised why you never loved me never wanted to be with me why no one else ever loved me or wanted me. I’ve changed Grey, I promise you” Tiffany replied.


“I did love you Tiffany, but you just weren’t the one, I’m sorry” Grey apologised.

“It’s ok, really,” Tiffany said, “Now tell me about Chloe, do you love her? Is she the one?”

“I don’t know,” Grey replied, “What with everything that’s just happened with her being in this organisation and never telling me, what am I supposed to do?”

“If tonight never happened what would you say to her?” Tiffany asked.

“I’d say I love her and that she’s not just the one she’s so much more and that I want to spend my life with her” Grey replied.

Tiffany was visibly hurt by what Grey had said, somewhere deep down in her Tiffany had always hoped that Grey would fall back in love with each her and they’d be together.

“You know what? we can do the tour tomorrow. You must be exhausted” Tiffany said trying to get of the topic and hoping Grey hadn’t noticed her reaction to what he had said about Chloe.

****************************************************************************************


Grey headed back downstairs with Tiffany but when they entered the room Grey had left Chloe and Adam in, Tiffany told him she was tired and ran off. Grey headed over to where Chloe and Adam were and immediately picked Adam up, which grabbed Chloe’s attention away from the conversation she was having with Audra.

“Oh my,” Chloe exclaimed, “look at the time, you must be exhausted, let me take you to our room”.


Chloe said goodbye to Audra and showed Grey to their room. It was a small little grey room with two beds pushed together and crib for a baby. The only other stuff in the room were the bare-essentials; a chest of drawers, a mirror and lighting.

“Sorry about the beds, we can pull them apart if that’ll make you feel better” Chloe offered.

“It’s fine the way it is” Grey replied as he put Adam in the crib.

“Please Grey, look at me” Chloe pleaded.

“What?” Grey replied.

“I know this is a lot to take in but please know I never lied about my feelings to you and it’s because of you I joined this place. I wanted to protect you when you planned to make the change and this was the best way to do that”. Chloe explained.

“You mean it?” Grey asked.

Chloe nodded her head.

“I suppose I could manage to forgive you for lying to me, but what do I do now? Patrick has offered me a job here, what should I do?” Grey said in response to Chloe’s nod.

“How about me and you work together to save the world and with the extra money we can finally get married?” Chloe asked.

Grey slowly wrapped his arms round Chloe,

“Well Mrs. Matthews-to-be that sounds like a plan” Grey replied.


“I love you” Chloe said as she squeezed Grey into a tight hug.

“I love you too” Grey said back.

****************************************************************************************


While Chloe and Grey hugged neither of them was aware that Tiffany had been on the other side of the door and had been listening to their conversation, and neither of them was aware that she had tears rolling down her cheeks as Chloe and Grey celebrated their relationship being back on track.

****************************************************************************************

AN: Like I said in the previous chapter Audra Traytor is a character by Angiebeno, she left Angie’s story for a bit in the 3rd generation to go to Twinbrook, so I thought It would be nice if she did a cross over with my characters. If you haven’t read Angie’s legacy than I strongly recommend reading it, you won’t be sorry. http://angiebenno.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment