Don't forget this blog is also available to view on your phone so you can read this anywhere you are and you can now also share any pages and posts that you like on Twitter or Facebook.

Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Chapter 7: Phoenix



A phoenix is a mythical bird with a colourful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends). It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again.

****************************************************************************************

It was a quiet morning the day after Chloe and Grey had died in the explosion. Most people had been asleep at the time so news of their deaths hadn’t yet become the town’s hot topic for local gossip yet. Vigour’s car drove around the streets looking for a specific house.


When the car finally found the right house, the driver exited the car and made his way towards the front door. When he approached the door, he rang the bell and waited for a response.

The occupier of the house, Patrick, made his way to the front door while wrapping himself in his dressing gown. As Patrick opened the door he was shocked by the state of the person who waited on the other side.

“Grey?” Patrick asked, “What’s wrong? What’s happened?”

****************************************************************************************

*nine hours ago*

 

Grey was balancing on a ladder while trying to finish putting the last nail into the door frame. Chloe sat on the side-lines and watched Grey work, she couldn’t help but giggle when Grey yelled like a girl when he almost slipped. “Need a hand?” She asked.

“No-no, it’s ok, you just sit and watch me do all the work, that’s fine” Grey replied sarcastically.

“Well I’d offer to help but I wouldn’t want to do it wrong” Chloe said, fluttering her eyelashes like a teenage girl trying to get out of doing something she wouldn’t want to do.

“You’re right. Girls can’t handle this sort of stuff, best to leave it to a real man” Grey replied jokingly, puffing his chest to emphasis his point.

“A real man, ha” Chloe laughed, “So what time is this real man arriving then?”

Before Grey had a chance to think of a witty comeback there was a knock at the door, making Chloe burst out laughing.

“Oh, look the real men are here to finish your job” She giggled.

Grey climbed down and handed Chloe the hammer.

“I’m all finished here do you think you can handle putting this away while I answer the door?” Grey joked.

Chloe took the hammer and saluted. “oh, I’m not sure a weak girl like me could handle something like that but I’ll give it a try” She replied.


Grey left the room chuckling to himself; he loved how Chloe was a serious person but still had a playful side. He reached the door and opened it to reveal Holly on the other side.

“What are you doing here?” he barked, making Holly jump backwards in shock.

“Wait Grey, please let me explain, I’m really sorry for what I’ve done” She begged.

“You have one minute, to convince me to forgive you, otherwise I’ll kick you out” Grey replied.

Holly came inside and left, without Grey’s knowledge, Vigour outside. Holly than told Grey everything, “You see that’s why I did it. I just want my mum back. Please forgive Grey, I… I know what I did was a horrible thing, just say you understand. Please”.

Grey thought for a moment, “They took your mum?” he asked, wanting to confirm this. Holly nodded in response, “I guess that’s understandable and I forgive you”

“Really?” Holly asked, and this time Grey nodded in response, “So you understand why I have to do this?”

Grey looked at her confused, what did she mean? What’s she going to do now? He thought


But his questions were answered as Holly opened the door and let Vigour in.

“Holly what have you done?” Grey asked.

Holly turned her face away from Grey; she was too ashamed to look at him. “They still have my mum” She muttered.

Vigour just laughed and pushed her aside and pointed his finger at Grey. “Now Grey I think it’s time you joined your fiancĂ©e in the afterlife” Vigour stated, “I promised Chloe I wouldn’t hurt you, but seeing as I killed her it doesn’t seem worth keeping a promise to a dead person”.

“Wait” Holly interrupted, “You said you wouldn’t kill him, only hurt him a little”

“I lied,” Vigour replied, “like I lied about your mother, I don’t still have her, she’s already dead”.


“NO” Holly screamed as she flung herself at vigour in an attempt to pin him down, but he was too strong for her and he soon overpowered her.

Vigour wrapped his arms around her neck and slowly chocked her.

“You might want to watch this Ezra, prepare yourself for what’s to come” Vigour chuckled.

“Don’t do anything stupid” Grey yelled, half threatening, and half begging.

“Too late, I already warned her” Vigour growled. And with a quick twist he snapped Holly’s neck and let her fall to the floor, whilst he let out a mighty roar of laughter.


“What did you do that for?” Grey yelled.

“She was warned, any attempt to stop me and I’ll break her neck” Vigour replied, through chuckles.

“You’re sick! And I’m going to put a stop to you, once and for all” Grey yelled back.

Grey and Vigour both got ready to fight on their sides of the room, they both looked ready to pounce at each other like wild animals. They slowly started to circle the room and yell at each other getting psyched for the fight.

“I’m going to kill you” Grey called.

“Ha, like you could, I’ll kill you first” Vigour shouted back.

“And I’m going to send a message to all your order buddies with your death; they better start watching their backs I’ll be taking them down soon”.

Vigour let out another one of his evil chuckles, “Silly boy, when did I say that I ever worked for the Order, there are worse things than just a corrupt vampire police force. Hahaha, did you really think the Order was behind this? Well you’ll never find out the truth now, prepare to die”.


While Grey and Vigour were doing a pre-battle monologue Chloe remained in her hiding place. She decided to hide in here when Holly had knocked on the door, she hadn’t trust her at all which seemed to have been a good judgement of character, as Holly had let Vigour into the house. Now Chloe really had to remain hidden to make sure Vigour didn’t figure out she was still alive, but as Vigour and Grey had started to circle the room Chloe knew Grey would need her help. She waited until they had stopped circling and Vigour was standing on the opposite side of door. It’s now or never Chloe thought to herself as she run her fingers over the hammer that Grey handed to her earlier.


Just as Vigour was about to attack, Chloe sneaked up behind him and gave him a fatal blow to the back of the head, knocking him out. Chloe ran to Grey and pulled him into a hug.

“Oh, Grey thank goodness you’re ok. Just what are we supposed to do now?” Chloe cried as she gripped to Grey’s clothing refusing to let him go.

Grey took a while to think before answering Chloe’s pleas, “Don’t worry, I have an idea, help me drag their bodies into the room over there” Grey replied, pointing in the direction towards the room with the fireplace.


Chloe did as she was asked and helped Grey move the bodies. Chloe dragged Holly to the room while Grey dragged Vigour.

“Now what? Actually, Grey, we should leave before Vigour wakes up, shouldn’t we?” Chloe asked she was a little shaken by the sight, and was terrified about what Vigour might do if he woke up and they were still there.

“Now we strip” Grey replied.

Chloe was confused she was sure she had heard Grey say they strip. But when she turned to ask him to repeat himself Grey had already taken off his top and shoes. “Grey, what are you doing?” Chloe asked.

“I told you, we need to strip, but you know just down to our underwear. Trust me I know what I’m doing I’ve thought this through”.

Chloe thought about it for a second, Grey’s actions were weird but she knew she could trust him and started to strip too.


“So, what now? Are we going to go on the run in our underwear or something?” Chloe asked, still not understanding what was going on.

“Now we strip Holly and Vigour of their clothing too” Grey replied.

“Really? What kind of kinky thing are you into? Are sure you thought this through properly?” Chloe quizzed.

“Trust me” Grey urged.

So, Chloe pushed her concern to one side and put her trust in Grey and helped him to strip Holly and Vigour.

****************************************************************************************


When Vigour finally began to stir, Grey was standing above him looking down. “Finally awake I see, did you enjoy your little nap?” Grey said, while folding his arms.

“What just because I fell unconscious for a little while you think you won” Vigour replied.

“The only reason I have let you live this long is to get some answers, before you said you didn’t work for The Order like we were lead to believe, so who do you work for? What’s this thing that’s supposed to be worse than The Order” Grey questioned.

Vigour smiled, “You really think I’d tell you, I want you to be in shock when they come after you and rip the air from your lungs”.

“This is your last chance to tell me the truth or I promise you I will make sure you’re dead” Grey stated.

“Hmmpf, I’d rather die than tell you the truth and be a traitor, anyway nothing you can do to me can be half as bad as what they’ll do to me if they find out I’ve betrayed them” Vigour spat.


“So be it” Grey replied. He walked off and headed towards the door, leaving Vigour behind. It was then that Vigour finally realised that Chloe was there and that Grey was wearing his clothes.

“What’s going on?” Vigour queried.

“I told you,” Grey replied, he put his hand in a pocket and pulled out a cigarette lighter, “Didn’t anyone tell you smoking kills”

With that Grey flipped open the lighter and let it drop to the floor still giving out a small flame.

Chloe and Grey quickly exited through the door and Vigour heard them lock the door.


As Vigour wondered what was going on he could smell gas, lots of gas. He turned and faced the small gas fireplace next to him and realised it was leaking. He quickly ran his hands over it trying to find the leak and stop it.

“No, no, no” He cried and his eyes widened in horror.

****************************************************************************************


They ran from the house to Vigour’s car and Grey quickly looked in the coat pockets for a car key, finding it he unlocked the car and they quickly jumped in and drove away as the house they had spent all day working on blew up.

As they drove away they both let out a sigh of relief, maybe now they could finally now move on with their lives, Chloe looked back as Grey drove, the house was up flames, and would kill any living thing that was inside.

“Do you think he’s dead?” Chloe asked.

“I think so, he was at the centre of the explosion, I don’t think anyone could survive that.” Grey replied.

****************************************************************************************

*back in present time*


 “… so, you see I want to pick up Adam now, we need to get away from here before anyone realises” Grey explained.

“Of course, I understand wait here and I’ll go and fetch him” Patrick replied.


Patrick ran and got Adam and brought him to Grey as he waited by the door. Grey almost snatched Adam from Patrick and pulled his son into a tight embrace.

“Oh, Adam I hate it when I’m not with you” Grey said as he held the little boy close, but the father-son moment was cut short by Chloe frantically beeping the car’s horn, Grey turned and run from the house.

“Be careful, I want you alive when we next meet” Patrick called as Grey ran.

“I’ll try my best,” Grey called back, “Thanks for everything, I owe you big”

Grey ran to the car and jumped into the passenger seat as Chloe was now in the driver’s seat. As Chloe drove away, Grey realised why Chloe seemed to be in a rush he could make out what sounded like sirens in the distance.


As Chloe put her foot down on the gas the car speed around the corner and was soon followed by a police car.

****************************************************************************************


They drove for what seemed ages after they left Sunset Valley, there was nothing but highways and dead space, nowhere you would be able to lose the police car. They finally saw a town in the distance and decided it was the best place they could find right now to lose the police car. They headed into the town and were still being followed, they needed to lose the police car and fast.

“Look I can see an alleyway maybe we can lose the police officer if we go down there and start to run on foot” Grey explained.

Chloe pulled the car up and stopped it in front of the alley, and they jumped out. Grey picked up Adam as they started to run, the police officer saw them and also stopped his car and ran after them.


“Stop resisting arrest, you’re only making things worse on yourself” the officer called after them.

As they ran down the alley a man appeared at the other end. He was wearing a military outfit and folded his arms. Chloe looked behind her and the police officer was there, they were trapped. “Now what do we do?” Chloe asked Grey.

Before Grey answered Chloe took a step back into Grey and gasped.

“Hey, this is a Sunset Valley arrest they are wanted for murder” The police officer called.

“This is a military situation now” The man replied, Grey thought there was something familiar about the man’s voice.

“But this is Vigour Samuels and Holly Farelli I was sent to arrest them” the officer replied.

“Look lad, this is bigger than just a small-town murder, the military is stepping in now and as you’re no longer on Sunset Valley soil you have no authority here, now leave before I have you taken in for wasting my time” The man replied.

The police officer muttered something rude about military folk and left, but neither Chloe nor Grey took this as an attempt to escape now the side of the alley the officer had been blocking was clear. Grey was standing still from shock, he knew who the military man was, …


…. He was Patrick.

****************************************************************************************

Author’s note: Ok so the reason Vigour had to wait outside and wait for Holly to let him in, is that I was going by the ‘Buffy the vampire slayer’ rule that vampires can’t enter houses without being invited in by someone who is already inside. That’s why Holly went in first so she could invite Vigour in.

Annnnnd……… here’s a mini poster/teaser thing for what’s to come. Angie was kind enough to let me use one of her characters from her legacy.


So, I hope you all remember Audra Traytor, she left Angie’s story for a bit in the third generation to go to Twinbrook, so she will be in a cross over with my characters.

(If you haven’t read Angie’s legacy or have read it and want a reminder about Audra’s time in the legacy you can read it here, The Traytor Legacy (http://angiebenno.blogspot.com/p/traytor-legacy_01.html), for those who haven’t read Angie’s legacy I recommend you should).

No comments:

Post a Comment